ABOUT NATALIA ISD
The BLUE Way: Challenging and empowering students for global success.
Natalia Independent School District, in partnership with the community, is committed to providing a safe and challenging environment that promotes productive and successful life-long learners.
THEORY OF ACTION
- If Natalia ISD ensures that students experience a guaranteed and viable curriculum across all campuses;
- and if the district grants varying levels of autonomy to campuses through performance contracts;
- and if the district provides differentiated paths of continuous improvement for all educators -- whether in administrative roles or classroom roles;
- and ensures that educator placement is a function of student needs rather than adult preferences;
- then Natalia ISD, directly and through autonomous campuses, will be able to accomplish the Board's student outcome goals while operating within the Board's constraints.
THE HISTORY OF NATALIA ISD
Established in 1912 Natalia ISD encompasses the city of its namesake Natalia, Texas. Natalia ISD is located 30 miles south of San Antonio just off IH 35. The rural district of Natalia ISD is served by Education Service Center Region 20. The district encompasses 41 square miles and shares a border with the school districts of Lytle, Devine, Medina Valley and Poteet. Natalia ISD consists of four campuses within walking distance of each other and serves a student population of approximately 1,100. The student body is comprised of mostly students of Hispanic descent. The Natalia Early Childhood Center serves students ages 3 to 6 in Pre-K 3 through first grade with a little more than 250 students. The Natalia Elementary School consists of second through fifth grades with about 330 students. The Natalia Junior High School includes grades 6 through 8 with a little more than 230 students. The Natalia High School consists of grades 9 through 12 with just over 300 students and is classified as a 3A school participating in most UIL academic and athletic competition. The Natalia ISD is the city’s largest employer with approximately 190 employees.
Royal Blue & White